Welcome, and Enjoy.

this blog is one outlet that i have for my thoughts and emotions, an online journal if you will. it is my life, or that is what it has become. i started out with not knowing what i wanted it to be. at first it was a place to just relay some funny things going on in my life like the Chick-Fil-A Chronicles. then it turned in to a place to post quizzes and the like that i thought amusing as time has gone on i have shared much of my person life. and after a few years of writing i realized what this blog is about. it is about me. all these thing that i have written about are about "where i am in my life".

* note - i almost never capitalize anything and i do not spell very well, and my grammar is not the best.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Chick-file-A Chronicles part 3

so where did I leave off. ah, yes the ya'll's.

so we head out from the Waffle House. after a while I start looking at the map.
"where is the next Chick-Fil-A?" my friend asks me.
" I am looking that up actually," I said "looks like it is Charleston W. Virginia."
after studding the maps and planning the timing we arrive in Charleston a little after 8:00 a.m. upon closer study I discover that the beloved Chick-Fil-A is in the mall. but malls are not open at 8 a.m. but we figure we can wait. so we pull in to the mall parking to find that it is $1.50 to park. and we are again undetured. so we pay the lady. and she utters words of sweet reflection "you have a good day Darlin'." as we drive a way my friend, with glossy eyes, utters "I'm home." now the cause of the glossiness of his eye is still to be determined, whether it was the darlin' or from lack of sleep. we park and walk to the entrance of the mall.

the mall to our surprise is open, or at least the entry doors are. all of the stores are closed. it is key to note that my friend wife had called as we were circling the mall. since he was driving I answered the phone and asked if he could call her back. after the call the phone died. so all the stores are closed. but we checked the directory anyway. found the Chick-Fil-A on the third floor. we decided to go up and atleast look at it.

as we came up the escalator we found that the Chick-Fil-A is open. it is the only store that is open in the food court. so my friend goes in search of an electrical outlet to plug in the phone and call his wife. I on the other hand went to Chick-Fil-A. as I waited in line I looked over the menu. I stepped up to the counter and said "can I get ten chicken sandwiches?"
with a gaping look the guy behind the counter repeated "ten?" then continued "we are still serving breakfast. but I will check if they will."
the lady behind the counter on the other hand was not so optimistic. how ever in the end love of the chicken prevailed. and the were going to make our ten sandwiches. so I told them of our trip and that they were the first open Chick-Fil-A that we had found. they were amazed that we had come all this way to have Chick-Fil-A.

they did inform me that it may be a while before the food would be done, so I waited off to the side. then this man in a tie walks out and says "there's ten of you?"
I replied "no, two."
looking puzzled he quickly removes some item from the bag he is carrying. and introduces himself as the owner and hands me a bag of calendars and stuffed cows. he starts talking to me about where we are going and blah blah blah. so he leaves, then a another lady walks up to me and asks "can I take you picture for our wall?"
side note I do not like having my picture taken. but I said ok and posed. a little while later my friend walked up so I told him the story of what happened and showed him the swag. he was in awe. so again the owner come out and talks to him. and thanking us to coming to there store. then the camera lady come back to take his picture.

shortly after that the sandwiches were done so we said our good byes and headed to the car. we get to the car and decide that we need a sandwich. neither of us are hungry after having breakfast only a few hours before, but we eat anyway. so both of us, bags in hand, open them and breath deep the smell of peanut oil and chicken. we enjoyed a sandwich each, even if we did burn our mouths because they were hot. then set out yet again for N. Carolina.

...To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment