Welcome, and Enjoy.

this blog is one outlet that i have for my thoughts and emotions, an online journal if you will. it is my life, or that is what it has become. i started out with not knowing what i wanted it to be. at first it was a place to just relay some funny things going on in my life like the Chick-Fil-A Chronicles. then it turned in to a place to post quizzes and the like that i thought amusing as time has gone on i have shared much of my person life. and after a few years of writing i realized what this blog is about. it is about me. all these thing that i have written about are about "where i am in my life".

* note - i almost never capitalize anything and i do not spell very well, and my grammar is not the best.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Chick-file-A Chronicles part 2

my next trip to Chick-Fil-A takes me across the country. in march of '06 my same friend as before sold his car to someone in N. Carolina, so as to get out from under its financial burden. so he and I drove the car to N. Carolina. now if you visit the Chick-Fil-A website you can find the closest store to a given location. you can also find all the stores on a given route. so we did, we mapped every store from Omaha to Virginia, where the last store was on the route (55 total). and so we headed off.

we got a bit of a late start, so the first Chick-Fil-A was in Columbia Missouri. but we would not make it before they closed. so my friend having researched this further knew that there was one in Overland Park Kansas, only one hour out of our way. not knowing exactly where it was, other then it was on the college campus in Overland Park. we went undetured. by a strange twist of fate of kismet or what have you we chose the second exit off the interstate. made a few turns and ran right into the college. I know you are thinking that this is just my way of making it sound magical or a form of destiny, but that is exactly how it happened. so my friend went in to scout it out. he came back about 10 minutes later to tell me he had found it, and it was closed. the only serve lunch and close at 4:00. so we went to Taco Bell. both of us like Taco Bell but it is not Chick-Fil-A. so we drove on through the night laughing and talking and having a good time.

about 5 A.M. we entered W. Virginia and came across another great restaurant that we both loved, Waffle House, again another place that is missing in the Midwest. so we stopped in for breakfast. for those of you that are unfamiliar with the Waffle House. it is a diner that specializes in breakfast type food. I should also mention that this is the type of place you doctor does not want you to go. I am still trying to get my cholesterol back down. so after a good breakfast and coffee that could wake the dead we set off on our way.

my friend by this time is starting to feel right at home as we venture south and east. three times the server uses a term that made him feel right at home. she said "Ya'll".

...To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment