Welcome, and Enjoy.

this blog is one outlet that i have for my thoughts and emotions, an online journal if you will. it is my life, or that is what it has become. i started out with not knowing what i wanted it to be. at first it was a place to just relay some funny things going on in my life like the Chick-Fil-A Chronicles. then it turned in to a place to post quizzes and the like that i thought amusing as time has gone on i have shared much of my person life. and after a few years of writing i realized what this blog is about. it is about me. all these thing that i have written about are about "where i am in my life".

* note - i almost never capitalize anything and i do not spell very well, and my grammar is not the best.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Chick-Fil-A Chronicles

with growing up in the southwest and having lived on the east coast there are things in the Midwest that we do not have here that I miss. the first is sweet tea, another is Rallies hamburger drive threw's, and mostly Chick-Fil-A. now like all things I did not miss them until I did not have them, there for taking them for granted.

three and a half years ago I found a friend and we became roommates. he is from the south and missed some of the same things that I did. so in sept. of '04 just before he got married we found out one fateful Wednesday that there was a Chick-Fil-A in Sioux City. so that saturday we made a road trip to the Chick-Fil-A. now Sioux City is about 90 miles away, but we did not care. we were going. none of our friend nor our co-workers could understand this almost magical draw to the chicken sandwich, but we did not care. we arrived in Sioux City around lunch and order a few sandwiches each and we did not speak until there were no more sandwiches. then felling that it was two early to return home we searched the mall for something to do. we decided to attend a movie. we saw Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. not bad not all good either. after the movie we decided to grab some sandwiches for the road. all in all it was a fun and fulfilling.

later in august of '05 my friend and his new wife went to Sioux City and brought back some chickeny goodness. I shared my bounty with my children who where now hooked on Chick-Fil-A.

the week before I stated this blog I took a trip to N.Carolina. another Chick-Fil-A story...

...To BE Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment